Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Talk to Us

When I talk to people I often hear. "Man I'm curious how you're doing, but I don't want to bring it up." Well for anyone who's had similar thoughts, I want to put your mind at ease and tell you please talk to us.

We enjoy talking about William and it actually helps us and makes us feel better than you can imagine. It also reassures us that you haven't forgotten him either and that makes us feel very good. So please ask any questions.

You can't hurt us any worse. It's not like we almost forgot everything and you bringing it up suddenly brought it all back. I have his picture right under my monitor at work. I get to "escape" for minutes at a time where I am focused on programming, but other than that we never forget it.

We appreciate honest questions and will answer honestly. There is nothing off limits per se and we wouldn't with hold information that would help you understand something. For example, in all honesty I'm a little relieved I'm not changing diapers right now. That whole scene creeps me out, but I would do them all forever and let him run around the house without them entirely if it meant he was here.

We may not be happy. I have to warn you that sometimes when ask us questions we may start crying when we talk about him, but please don't worry. I would rather cry in front of you and know you still care than think you don't care or don't remember.

It actually makes us feel good to talk about him so please talk to us.

1 comment:

ebradburn said...

Hi Micah,
My name is Elizabeth Bradburn. My parents are Rocky & Helen Del Papa. Your strength and faith has really touched me and I think of your family often. I can't imagine what incredible things God has in store for you and Rebecca.
Love in Christ,
Elizabeth