Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The God Thing Part1

This will be just part 1 of who knows how many. All night is not long enough to tell about all we've learned and all God has done for us. First what we've experienced has only proved Scripture and grown our faith. We don't cling to Scripture as though we hope it comes true, but rather stand on it as it has already happened and been proven true. For example: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 NIV A simple interpretation is that God never wastes a hurt. In all things, even this thing, God is at work for my good. This has happened. I am a different, better person. We have seen all kinds of restoration directly resulting from this tragedy. If left up to me I would never trade William, but God did use this hurt to work good in other areas.

God did not cause this. He didnt' take my baby. We live in a fallen world where Satan can do stuff. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10 NIV

That's it in a nutshell. I'll expand on this plenty more, but I wanted to let you know where we stand: what we believe and more importantly what we know. We know God is good.

No comments: