Sunday, April 8, 2007

Why Blog?

I've gotten this question several times since posting the blog. The first answer is, I have alot to say and no one to say it to. So I'll just tell everyone. (I was working on a no one said to some on that everyone... type joke, but I'm sick this weekend so it ain't happenin)

The second answer I've discovered is that alot of people ask how we're doing and I rarely want to give them a real response like, "this week really sucked. Thanks for asking." I do want people to know the real deal with us though. I've found myself doing that terrible thing where people ask how we're doing and I cock my head to the side, pull my mouth back in a partial grin, say, "we're doing OK" and bob like a bobble head doll. I don't want to be fake with people, but they rarely ask at convenient times for me to give the whole story and I'm not sure they want to hear that we're still darn near incapcitated at times, "by the way how are your kids doing?" Perhaps I'm just projecting.

Along with the second answer this hopefully gives our friends and family an anonymous, low pressure way to check up on us without the pressure of possibly upsetting us, asking at a bad time, or any of the other risks real or perceived with talking to us directly.

Finally, I hope this can be a forum of sorts. I would love for people to comment on the posts and share the posts with friends, family etc if it would be beneficial. I've realised that alot of people have no idea what to do with us at times. If you find yourself in that group, please post a comment or email me. I promise there is nothing you can say that will offend me and I would rather hear from you and at least know you're thinking of us than hear nothing at all and assume you have forgotten about us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micah and Rebecca --
I am so thankful you are doing this blog. You are correct, we don't know when to contact you, and we sometimes don't know what to say. But, I definitely want to know how you are doing. I do pray for you. Please know I love both of you so much. If you are in this area, I will cook for you anytime. Just remember, when I cook you, you are my guinea pig -- it may be amazing, and it might not be, but it is always done with love.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hello Micah & Rebecca . . . I'm new to "blogging" and was uncertain which comment to post. I enjoyed reading all about your journey. I have learned about your experience through Kathy Smith (a professional contact I made yesterday). My heart of compassion went out to you as Kathy told me briefly about your experience. I not sure what to say but wanted to let you know I care and hope you continue to share your story about William. I believe you are an encouragement to others. God certainly has a plan for your lives and I believe He is going to restore your lives with all His many blessings, more than you could imagine.
I pray for your continued healing and also that God continues to bless you as you put your heart into this blog, sharing and encouraging others.
Carolyn Fieman
Mechanicsburg, PA