Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Grief is the process

Well, it's bizarre. They always say grief is a process, but I don't think that's very accurate. For us, the process is grief. As days tick on by it doesn't get any better yet. Actually the hard days get harder, when you lose it, you lose more. We get more back to "normal" life, we see more people who don't know what happened, we do things and go places and wish William was with us. Every day that ticks by we see more holes where he's missing. It still still feels like we're going down into the great fire swamp not coming out of it.

Backstory & Side Note: When I graduated high school I was dating a girl at the time that I was certain I would mary. I was absolutely positive that this was the girl God had created just for me and it would be wonderful. Well I wasn't that great of a guy at the time and she dumped me. It was a debilitating shock. I felt like I just couldn't go on. I wondered what God had in mind. I felt like I was living second to second breath in, breath out, style. After that I was in depression for over a year afterword and would still just lose it and fall to the floor sobbing on occasion. So I thought I knew what this grief may be like and expected it to take a long time, but that doesn't even come clost to compare to this. I don't know why, I haven't fallen to the floor sobbing yet, but damn it hurts. I even knew roughly what to expect, a year long process, sobbing, depression, etc. and it's still surprising how much this sucks. Side note: check my post about helping do's and dont's, because when I shared this comparison with Rebecca it backfired.

So, it's still hard and getting harder. The process continues on and the process is grief. That being said, we still treasure your support more than we can ever tell you and we will continue to need it for many months to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Micah,
Not a day has gone by since baby William's funeral that I don't think about you and Rebecca and pray for you. It has been difficult for me to let go of the baby which probably seems strange. I so hurt for you guys and long for the Lord to gather you in His arms and comfort you. On Easter Sunday as we read the words of "death where is thy victory, death where is thy sting...", I wondered what your thoughts are. Jesus conquered death but boy, it sure hurts.
Love, Karin