Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's Creeping In

It's creeping in and gaining ground... being wierd. It's getting harder and harder to feel normal and relaxed about not having any kids yet. Now when I see a little two year old boy being cute, it's really a lot harder to be normal. I used to be happy to see kids, and think to myself, "I can't wait 'till it's my turn." Not so much any more. I don't have as much hope as I used to. After the first couple failures, I still had hope, but as time goes on it's fading away. It's just harder to feel "normal." I used to enjoy kids, now more often than not it's more painful. It's just kind of creeping in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Micah,

I agree. I thought by now it would be easier not harder. It is a lot harder this year. Just so you know, we are there with you. Love, Mom

Amber said...

Rebecca & Micah,

Please know that when your hope is gone, your friends hope for you. You are both in our prayers that God will bless you. We miss William with you. We cry with you...and no it's not any easier. Thank you for being a blessing to us.

Psalm 42:11 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God.

Your discouragement and sadness is very justified, and to me this verse reminds us to hope in God through all of our pain. It is so hard, but He knows that. We love you both and are here if you need anything.

Amber & Al

Laura said...

I lost my son's twin 5 years ago (stillbirth- cord accident) and it still makes me pause when I see twin boys- I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers-